How to change Gmail username
You can change the name that shows up when you send emails, but you can't change your email address, except sign up for new one.
Change your name
- Sign in to Gmail
- After signing in, click click the gear button in the top right, select Settings
- Choose "Account and Import" tab, scroll down and find "Send mail as:" section, you can see your current username with your email address. Click "edit info" to change your username.
- In the new pop-up, check the second box and enter your new desired username, then click Save changes. If you want to set another reply-to address, click the link "Specify a different "reply-to" address" to set up. Whenever you send email for someone, if they click "Reply", their messages will be delivered to the email address you enter in this field.
- You can't change your email address. If you want to change your address, sign up a new Gmail account and you can forward automatically all incomming email from your old account to to new one.
- Dots In Your Email Address Doesn’t Matter. In other words: email@example.com = firstname.lastname@example.org = email@example.com